To provide distinctive education, produce creative research, serve society and contribute in building the knowledge economy and community through learning, creative thinking environment, the optimal use of technology and effective international partnership.
To be a world class university and a leader in building the knowledge society
Based on our Islamic and cultural values, we uphold:
– Quality and excellence: We measure ourselves according to challenging criteria, honoring high ambitions and the pursuit of distinctiveness through our commitment to the highest intellectual standards in teaching, learning and innovation.
– Leadership and teamwork: We remain committed to promoting individual and institutional leadership roles that drive social development upholding professionalism, responsibility, and innovation.
– Freedom of inquiry: Rigorous and honest intellectual exploration is fundamental to our academic traditions, and it is reflected in all the dimensions of our scholarly activities.
– Fairness and integrity: We abide by the principles of social justice, equal opportunity and cultural diversity, consequently holding the members of our community to the highest standards of honesty, respect, and professional ethics.
– Transparency and accountability: We remain committed to expose our thinking and ideas for society and scholars to judge our contributions to global knowledge, and we hold accountable everybody in our community for respecting and upholding our values in all forms of their scholarly activities.
– Lifelong learning: We are committed to lifelong learning inside and outside the KSU community, enhancing continued intellectual growth and welfare of the society.
- Strategic objective #1 – Good everywhere; Great in focus areas (Strengthen our comprehensive university with academic areas of research and teaching excellence)
- Strategic objective #2: Distinctive faculty (Attract and develop distinctive faculty)
- Strategic objective #3: Less is more (Reduce KSU’s student volume, increase the share of graduate students and raise entry requirements)
- Strategic objective #4: Stronger graduates (Enable KSU students to learn hard and soft skills throughout their academic life)
- Strategic objective #5: Building bridges (Build bridges among KSU constituencies and externally with local and international groups)
- Strategic objective #6: Supportive learning environment (Create an engaging environment at KSU for faculty, students, and staff)
- Strategic objective #7: Sustainable future (Build KSU’s endowment and diversity sources of funding)
- Strategic objective #8: Flexibility and Accountability (Create a performance contract between KSU and the government)
- Strategic objective #9: Organizing for purpose (Establishing an organization and governance that supports KSU’s goals)